|Edition Number:||1||SCC Approved:||--|
|Edition Date:||2017-09-29||DOD Approved:||--|
|Price Code:||F||ANSI Approved:||2017-09-29|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard specifies safety requirements for electrically operated commercial refrigerating appliances that have an incorporated compressor or that are supplied in two units for assembly as a single appliance in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions (split system).
1DV.1 Modification to replace the second paragraph in Clause 1 with the following:
This Standard specifies safety requirements for electrically operated commercial refrigerating appliances that have an incorporated compressor or that are supplied in two units for assembly as a single appliance in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions (split system) and intended for use in accordance with:
– CSA C22.1, Canadian Electrical Code (CE Code) Part I, in Canada;
– NFPA 70, National Electrical Code (NEC), in the United States.
NOTE 101 Examples of appliances that are within the scope of this standard are
– REFRIGERATED DISPLAY and STORAGE CABINETS;
– refrigerated trolley cabinets;
– service counters and self-service counters;
– blast chillers and blast freezers.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by these types of appliances.
It does not cover those features of construction and operation of refrigerating appliances which are dealt with in ISO standards.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
– for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
– in many countries, additional requirements are specified by national authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
– domestic refrigerating appliances ( IEC 60335-2-24)
– industrial refrigerating systems;
– motor-compressors ( IEC 60335-2-34);
– commercial dispensing appliances and vending machines ( IEC 60335-2-75);
– commercial ice-cream appliances;
– commercial ice makers;
– cold temperature rooms;
– multiple refrigerated chambers with a remote compressor.
NOTE 104 Appliances with a charge of more than 150 g of FLAMMABLE REFRIGERANT in each separate refrigerant circuit are not covered by this standard. For appliances with a charge greater than 150 g of FLAMMABLE REFRIGERANT in each refrigerant circuit and for the installation, ISO 5149 may be applied. Consequently, such appliances cannot be assessed for safety using this part 2.
1DV.2 Modification to add the following after the second paragraph:
This standard also contains the requirements for:
– commercial refrigerators and freezers for use in fuel dispensing facilities (Annex 101.dvd);
– factory assembled walk in coolers (Annex 101.dve);
– refrigerating units (Annex 101.dvf);
– PARTIAL UNITS (Annex 101.dvg); and
– dispensing units (Annex 101.dvh).