|Edition Number:||1||SCC Approved:||--|
|Edition Date:||2016-01-14||DOD Approved:||--|
|Price Code:||F||ANSI Approved:||2016-01-14|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of high pressure cleaners for household, industrial and commercial use, in which the discharge line is hand supported and manipulated, having a pressure not less than 2,5 MPa and not more than 25 MPa and with an input to the drive for the high pressure pump not exceeding 10 kW, their RATED VOLTAGE being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances.
It also applies to industrial and commercial steam cleaners having a water container with a capacity not exceeding 1 000 l, a RATED PRESSURE not exceeding 3,2 MPa and a product of capacity and RATED PRESSURE not exceeding 300.
It is also applicable to appliances making use of other forms of energy for the motor, but it is necessary that their influence is taken into consideration.
As far as it is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
– the use of appliances by young children or infirm persons without supervision,
– playing with the appliance by young children.
NOTE 101 Attention is drawn to the fact that
– for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
– in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
NOTE 102 This standard does not apply to
– appliances that are incorporated in process equipment;
– appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of corrosive or explosive atmosphere (vapour or gas);
– audio, video and similar electronic apparatus (IEC 60065);
– appliances for medical purposes (IEC 60601);
– hand-held motor-operated electric tools (IEC 60745);
– personal computers and similar equipment (IEC 60950);
– transportable motor-operated electric tools (IEC 61029);
– steam cleaners for household use only (IEC 60335-2-54).
1DV.1 Modification: Replace the second paragraph of Clause 1 of the Part 2 with the following:
1DV.1.1 This International Standard deals with the safety of high pressure cleaners for household, industrial and commercial use having a pressure not more than 38 MPa at the point of maximum system pressure and a pressure at the pump outlet while spraying of not less than 2,5 MPa and not more than 35 MPa and with an input to the drive for the high pressure pump not exceeding 20 kW, their RATED VOLTAGE being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 600 V for other appliances.
1DV.1.2 A coin-operated product is investigated under these requirements and under such additional requirements as are applicable to the product under consideration.
1DV.2 Modification: add the following to Clause 1 of the Part 2:
1DV.2.1 These requirements do not cover liquid sand blasters or other products using cleaning solutions containing insoluble particulates.
1DV.2.2 These requirements do not cover products that develop steam within a closed heated vessel or are connected to an external source of steam.
1DV.2.3 These requirements do not cover burners with input ratings greater than 733 kW.