Remote Software Updates
This standard covers REMOTE software updates taking into account the manufacturer's recommended process. It is limited to software elements having an influence on safety and on compliance with the particular end product safety standard.
This standard additionally covers hardware compatibility necessary for safety of the REMOTE software update.
NOTE 1 This standard does not cover:
- Functional SECURITY such as premises, physical, and other similar SECURITY purposes;
- Safety related availability or connectivity of REMOTE communications;
- Field updates done with physical access by qualified personnel;
- Software development lifecycle and maturity;
- Cryptographic techniques for the purposes of user data confidentiality and consumer privacy;
- Insider threat (corporate espionage); and
- REMOTE control operation of the product.
NOTE 2 This standard is intended to be used in conjunction with the appropriate end product safety standard.