This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This Standard deals with the safety of electrically powered pool lifts intended for persons requiring assistance for safe entry into and out of a pool, their
RATED VOLTAGE being not more than 150 V between supply phases or one phase and neutral or ground, and intended for installation in accordance with the US National Electrical Code, (NFPA 70) Article 680, Part VIII.
NOTE 101: Examples of appliances that are within the scope of this standard are:
– portable and stationary lifts of the chair type
– stationary lifts of the single wheelchair platform type.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by these appliances. However, in general, it does not take into account
a) the use of appliances by young children or infirm persons without supervision;
b) playing with the appliance by young children.
NOTE 102: Attention is drawn to the fact that:
– Authorities Having Jurisdiction should be consulted on additional installation regulations and requirements for lifts with respect to accessibility, performance and the like.
NOTE 103: This standard does not apply to:
– platform type lifts intended for multiple wheelchairs
– pool lifts for use in medical facilities