Summary of Topics b1479_4_20160310_sum.html
Bulletin Dated: March 10, 2016
SUMMARY OF TOPICS
The following topics were discussed at the meeting of the Standards Technical Panel for Fire Tests of Through-Penetration Firestops:
1. Membrane penetrations - both horizontal and vertical - what criteria can we develop to evaluate horizontal membrane penetration firestops?
2. Patching and repair - what permissions and rules can be created?
3. Movement after accelerating aging for dynamic joints - can aging impact movement of a dynamic joint and should long term aging be conducted for dynamic joints?
4. W Rating increase - can we extend this rating to various performance values?
5. Sleeved penetrations - what extensions can be permitted based on limited testing?
6. Membrane penetrations for electrical receptacles - What does it mean if the upper toggle switch box is not included in the test? Limit location in the fire partition?
7. General issue - Families of opening protectives - what characteristics (weight, area, etc.) does a representative sample in a test need to have to apply to multiple configurations of a system?
8. UL 1489, Fire Resistant Pipe Protection Systems Carrying Combustible Liquids, currently in Preliminary Review.